At GPHNS, your health and safety is our top priority. As the outbreak of COVID-19 continues to impact our area, we are limiting in-person interactions as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
GPHNS has implemented the following precautions:
- Recertification process will be modified. All re-certifications will be done by U.S. mail, electronically through email or telephonically.
- It is preferred that clients call or email their Housing Specialist. However, the lobby is open for in-person walk-ins: Tuesdays at 8:30 a.m. and Thursdays at 1:30 p.m.
- Inspectors will be limited to conducting virtual Housing Quality Standards inspections.*
- Voucher issuance for current and new clients will be done by email or as directed by your specialist.
- Landlord payments will continue to be processed as usual.
*The Grand Prairie Housing Inspectors conducting your Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections will do so by Skype and/or FaceTime, and will be dependent upon you for assistance. The Inspector assigned to conduct your inspection will contact you to set up an appointment, and discuss and confirm with you which method of communication will be used to complete your inspection. Upon completion of the inspection process your inspection report will be processed through our normal procedures, and the process will continue as it would if an onsite inspection was made.