Once your application is submitted, OEM will contact the applicant if the following permits, documentation, or approvals are necessary for your event.
Temporary Structure Permit (If applicable)
For any event that will construct enclosed structures in excess of 400 sq. ft. or structures in excess of 700 sq. ft. with open sides, please complete and submit a Temporary Structure Permit application under the Building Inspections Department. This permit is needed to complete the Special Event application process.
- Click “Apply”
- Search for “Building Commercial - Commercial Miscellaneous” application and click “apply”
- Register for an account (create a username and password) to begin the application
- In the application: Include all documentation for your tents used at the event, size/dimensions of the tents, event location, and Special Event name
- Once you complete and submit the application, you will be able to login at any time and view the progress of your application review
Submittal questions for this permit can be directed to 972-237-8230
Temporary Food Permit (If applicable)
Temporary food and beverage vendors/distributors at your Special Event are required to complete and submit a Temporary Food Permit application under our Public Health & Environmental Quality Department. Please visit the Temporary Food Establishment Permit page for more information and to apply.
Submittal questions for this permit can be directed to 972-237-8055
Flame Certification and/or Site Inspection (If applicable)
Flame certificates may be required by the Fire Marshal’s Office based on the size of tents used at your event.
If applicable, applicants can contact the following departments to schedule an event inspection:
- Fire Department: 972-237-8312
- Building Inspections Department: 972-237-8230
Parks, Arts, & Recreation Department Approval (If applicable)
If you indicate on your application that your event will take place at a City park, OEM will send your application to the Parks & Recreation Department for their review & approval before issuing the permit.