Shop and Ship Grand Prairie
When you shop in and ship to Grand Prairie, the city’s portion of the sales tax stays in Grand Prairie and goes toward improving our quality of life.
When taxable goods are purchased in Grand Prairie, 8.25% is paid in sales tax. Of that, 6.25% goes to the state of Texas, and 2% goes to the city of Grand Prairie. That may not seem like much, but the city of Grand Prairie uses that 2% to operate the city.
Here’s how the city uses its 2%:
- Continual Park Improvements (voter approved) – 0.25%
- Continual Street Improvements (voter approved) – 0.25%
- Crime Control and Community Policing (voter approved) – 0.25%
- Build and Operate the Epic Arts, Fitness and Entertainment Center (voter approved) – 0.25%
- City General Fund – 1%
It costs the city about $1 million to:
- Staff a fire station
- Run an ambulance
- Staff two police beats
- Replace every stop sign in the city
- Replace all the books at the Main Library
- Keep all the city’s public swimming pools operational
- Mow medians, rights-of-way, and channels
- Maintain our park grounds
You can help ensure the continuity of city services by continuing to shop in Grand Prairie and have your online orders shipped to Grand Prairie. Shop and Ship Grand Prairie!