The Planning Division has made operational changes to allow staff to work remotely and practice rotating on-site shifts. We continue to experience a high volume of phone calls, emails, and development requests. We are committed to assisting customers and ask you to consider the following:
- Email is the best way to contact us because it allows us to respond even when we are working outside of normal business hours.
- If you have questions about application submittals, the development review schedule, or Planning and Zoning Commission meetings, check the Planning Division homepage. We update this daily to keep customers informed.
- If you call and we are unable to answer, please leave a detailed voicemail. This allows staff to do any necessary research before returning your call.
- Send general planning questions to Charles Lee at email@example.com.
- If you are unable to email, call (972) 237-8255 and leave a detailed message. Your voicemail will be forwarded to the appropriate staff member to respond.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission will hold regularly scheduled meetings virtually. Instructions on how to join the meeting are included in the agenda packet and will be available on the website the Friday before the meeting.
- The Zoning Board of Adjustment will hold regularly scheduled meetings virtually. Instructions on how to join the meeting are included in the agenda packet and will be available on the website the Friday before the meeting.
We are currently accepting all applications at this time but have modified the process.
The planning and development department is committed to quality, planned growth throughout Grand Prairie by assisting customers in the development process, providing accurate land use information, and assuring safe construction through plan review and field inspections, in a timely and courteous manner.
Provides development services to the public in long-range planning (Comprehensive) and short-range planning (Current).
Development of Comprehensive Plan
Land Use Studies
Census Data and Analysis
Activity Reports on Future Developments
Zoning and Platting Requests
Specific Use Permits
Site Plan Review
Variance Requests from the Unified Development Code