Hotel/Motel Permit

To operate a hotel or motel in Grand Prairie, you must fill out the Hotel/Motel Permit (Lodging Permit) Application and Criminal Background Check below. This process is required annually.

These forms are required for:

  • new hotels/motels,
  • renewals,
  • name changes,
  • and change of ownership.

Step 1: Apply for Hotel/Motel Permit

Step 2: Submit Criminal Background Check Authorization Form

Step 3: Pay Processing Fee

After submitting the Hotel/Motel Permit Application and Criminal Background Check Authorization Form, submit $25.00 processing fee payable to "City of Grand Prairie Lodging Permit" at:

Water Utilities
300 W. Main St.
Grand Prairie, TX 75050