Grand Prairie Residents
Eligible Grand Prairie residents will be able to apply with Grand Prairie United Charities in person for assistance with rent, mortgage, and utilities beginning June 17. Applicants must submit applications at Grand Prairie United Charities, 1417 Densman St. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday , Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m
Residents Emergency Assistance Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria to receive assistance:
- Grand Prairie Resident
- Combined household income equal to or below 80% of the medium income of their respective county
- Financially impacted by COVID-19 (loss of job, reduced hours, reduction in pay, increased healthcare expenses, added childcare expenses, etc.)
- Cannot have participated in another CARES funded assistance program
- Must furnish a photo ID, proof of residency, financial and household information
- Valid bill for rent, mortgage, and/or utilities must be provided
- Assistance will be provided to the landlord, lender, and/or utility company directly after applicant has been verified and approved. In no circumstance will an applicant be provided funding directly
- Mortgage assistance will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine eligibility
- Eligible applicants will be able to receive up to 3 months of assistance not to exceed $1,500 per month
- Expenses incurred between March 1st, 2020 and November 30th, 2020 are eligible
EXAMPLE: If John Doe lived in Dallas County and was found to be eligible, he could furnish his water bill, rent statement, and electric bill to receive up to $1,500 in assistance for the month of June. Carl Smith might only furnish his water and electric bill totaling $250 – in this case, he would only receive the $250 in assistance requested.
Residents Emergency Assistance Applications
Download Resident Emergency Assistance Applications online:
- Resident Affidavit of Non-Employment / No Income / PDF
- Resident Assistance Intake Application / PDF
- Resident Assistance Required Document Checklist / PDF
Emergency Assistance Applications for residents are available for pick up at:
- Grand Prairie City Hall, 300 W. Main St.
- Public Safety Administration Building, 1525 Arkansas Ln.
- Tony Shotwell Life Center, 2750 Graham St.
- Dalworth Recreation Center, 2012 Spikes St.
- Charley Taylor Recreation Center, 601 E. Grand Prairie Rd.
- Main Library, 901 Conover Dr.
- Warmack Library, 760 Bardin Rd.