The Grand Prairie Landfill – a service for Grand Prairie residents and businesses – accepts household and commercial solid waste that has been generated in Grand Prairie Monday through Saturday during normal operating hours.
Landfill Hours and Closings:
Landfill Open: Monday–Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The landfill closes early at 3 p.m. on the last Thursday of every month and on all the following dates:
- Thursday, January 25, 2018
- Thursday, February 22, 2018
- Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Thursday, April 26, 2018
- Thursday, May 31, 2018
- Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Thursday, July 26, 2018
- Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Thursday, October 25, 2018
- Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Thursday, December 20, 2018
- Monday, December 24, 2018
- Monday, December 31, 2018
The landfill will be closed for the following holidays:
- Monday, Jan. 1, 2018 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, May 28, 2018 (Memorial Day)
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018 (Independence Day)
- Monday, Sept. 3, 2018 (Labor Day)
- Thursday, Nov. 22, 2018 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2018 (Christmas Day)
- Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019 (New Year’s Day)
Garbage and recyclables will not be collected on: New Year's Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Memorial Day in 2018. There will be no makeup day. Please put your garbage and recycling out on your next scheduled collection day. (See Garbage and Recycling Collection for more information.)
- A current Texas driver's license or I.D. with the Grand Prairie address of where the trash was generated is required (Landfill is a service for Grand Prairie residents or businesses.)
- Residential loads delivered by household member will be allowed one free dump at the landfill once a month with a current Grand Prairie water bill (no more than 30 days from due date). Residents will be charged $3 for each additional load they bring to the landfill in the same month.
- No termination notices accepted (bill with Red lines). Grand Prairie water bill must be current or there is $3.00 charges per load without current water bill or after (1) load free per month with current water bill.
- Paperless customers are allowed one free dump per month with a current Texas driver's license or I.D with the Grand Prairie address of where the trash was generated and their Grand Prairie water bill account number. (Paperless customers are people who receive no monthly water bill in the mail).
- Loads from apartments or other residences that do not receive curbside or alley collection of residential waste will not be eligible for a free load and will charged at commercial rates.
- Commercial customers will be charged $32 per ton.
Clean pallets are available at the Landfill for Grand Prairie residents - $5 each.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Christmas Tree Recycling Drop Off Locations
Recycling drop-off locations for your tree (beginning Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2017 -Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018) will be at:
- Charley Taylor Recreation Center parking lot
601 E Grand Prairie Rd, Grand Prairie, TX 75051
- Parkhill Park parking lot
5100 Block of S. Robinson Rd., Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- Grand Prairie Landfill
1102 MacArthur Blvd., Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Please remove all ornaments, stands and plastic bags. Artificial trees or trees sprayed with artificial snow cannot be accepted for recycling. Acceptable trees will be recycled into mulch. Free mulch is available at the landfill to all Grand Prairie residents. Trees may also be left at curbside on your normal garbage collection day. However, these trees will not be recycled into mulch and will be collected as garbage. For more information, please call 972-237-4566.
- All commercial/business loads/trips: $32/ton.
- Auto and pickup truck tires: $1 per tire up to four tires per visit.
- Truck Tires: $5 per tire up to two tires per visit.
- Tractor Tires: $10 per tire up to one tire per visit.
- Livestock: $15 per animal.
- Soil (not contaminated): Free!
What can I drop off at the Landfill?
You may drop off items such as metals, wood/brush, concrete, tires*, electronics, aluminum, fencing and large items such as refrigerators, sofas, televisions*, etc.
*There may be a fee associated with dropping off these items (Landfill fees listed above).
What is prohibited at the Landfill?
The following wastes are prohibited from disposal at the Grand Prairie Landfill:
- Lead acid batteries
- Used oil filters
- Tires (unless quartered)
- Other regulated wastes
What do I do with household hazardous wastes?
Household hazardous wastes (such as bleach, aerosol cans, cooking oil, paint and thinners, medications, landscape and pool chemicals, fluorescent lights, used motor oil and filters, automotive and household batteries, etc.) are not allowed at the Landfill.
Special household hazardous waste drop-off events are scheduled several times a year free of charge for Grand Prairie residents. Sign up for the next Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in Grand Prairie.
Grand Prairie residents also have the option of taking household hazardous waste to the Environmental Collection Center (ECC) in Fort Worth (6400 Bridge St. near I-30 and Loop 820). For more information call the ECC at 817-392-3279.