The Grand Prairie Landfill is open Monday–Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Landfill closes early at 3 p.m. on the last Thursday of every month and on all the following dates:
- Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Thursday, February 27. 2020
- Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Thursday, May 28, 2020
- Thursday, June 25, 2020
- Thursday, July 30, 2020
- Thursday, August 27, 2020
- Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Thursday, October 29, 2020
- Thursday, December 17, 2020
- Thursday, December 24, 2020 (Christmas Eve)
Thursday, December 31, 2020 (New Year Eve)
The Landfill will be closed for the following days:
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020 (New Year’s Day)
- Saturday, January 11, 2020 (Landfill Under Maintenance)
- Monday, May 25, 2020 (Memorial Day)
- Saturday, July 4, 2020 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 7, 2020 (Labor Day)
- Thursday, November 26, 2020 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Friday, December 25, 2020 (Christmas Day)
- Friday, Jan. 1, 2021 (New Year’s Day)
There is no trash or recycling collection on holidays. View Trash and Recycling Collection Holiday Schedule.
A current Texas driver's license or I.D. with the Grand Prairie address of where the trash was generated is required (Landfill is a service for Grand Prairie residents or businesses.)
Residential loads delivered by household member will be allowed one free dump at the landfill once a month with a current Grand Prairie water bill (no more than 30 days from due date). Residents will be charged $3 for each additional load they bring to the landfill in the same month.
No termination notices accepted (bill with Red lines). Grand Prairie water bill must be current or there is $3.00 charges per load without current water bill or after (1) load free per month with current water bill.
Paperless customers are allowed one free dump per month with a current Texas driver's license or I.D with the Grand Prairie address of where the trash was generated and their Grand Prairie water bill account number. (Paperless customers are people who receive no monthly water bill in the mail).
Loads from apartments or other residences that do not receive curbside or alley collection of residential waste will not be eligible for a free load and will charged at commercial rates.
Commercial customers will be charged $32 per ton and must provide documentation stating where the waste was generated.
- All commercial/business loads/trips: $32/ton.
- Auto and pickup truck tires: $1 per tire up to four tires per visit.
- Truck Tires: $5 per tire up to two tires per visit.
- Tractor Tires: $10 per tire up to one tire per visit.
- Livestock: $15 per animal.
- Soil (not contaminated): Free!
You may drop off items such as metals, wood/brush, concrete, tires*, electronics, aluminum, fencing and large items such as refrigerators, sofas, televisions*, etc.
*There may be a fee associated with dropping off these items (Landfill fees listed above).
The following wastes are prohibited from disposal at the Grand Prairie Landfill:
- Lead acid batteries
- Used oil filters
- Tires (unless quartered)
- Other regulated wastes
Household hazardous wastes (such as bleach, aerosol cans, cooking oil, paint and thinners, medications, landscape and pool chemicals, fluorescent lights, used motor oil and filters, automotive and household batteries, etc.) are not allowed at the Landfill.
Special household hazardous waste drop-off events are scheduled several times a year free of charge for Grand Prairie residents. Sign up for the next Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in Grand Prairie.
Grand Prairie residents also have the option of taking household hazardous waste to the Environmental Collection Center (ECC) in Fort Worth (6400 Bridge St. near I-30 and Loop 820). For more information call the ECC at 817-392-3279.
Trees free of ornaments, stands, and plastic bags can be recycled for free in the two weeks following Christmas (December 25) at the landfill. Artificial trees and trees sprayed with artificial snow cannot be accepted for recycling. Acceptable trees will be recycled into mulch, which is free and available at the landfill to all Grand Prairie residents. Trees can also be collected on your normal garbage collection day, but will be collected as garbage rather than recycled.
Recycling stations for trees that meet these guidelines are located at:
- Charley Taylor Recreation Center parking lot, 601 E Grand Prairie Rd
- Parkhill Park parking lot, 5100 Block of S. Robinson Rd
- Grand Prairie Landfill, 1102 MacArthur Blvd
For more information, please call 972-237-4566.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Standards