Coronavirus COVID-19 Affected Service
In an abundance of caution regarding the spread of COVID-19 virus, the City of Grand Prairie Municipal Court will be indefinitely closing public access and focusing on virtual services for residents.
Please place any court related paperwork in the night drop box located on the northeast corner of the building. For all inquiries, please call 972-237-8600 to speak with a court employee.
View the payment information page for information on making payments online, by telephone, by mail and at the deposit box.
You can use the searchable citation and warrant database to find out if your citation has moved into warrant status, the amount of fine you owe, a court date, and other important information related to your case.
Frequently Asked Questions
A deposit box is open 24 hours, located on the northeast corner of the building (submit checks or money orders, but do not submit cash in the deposit box).
You may be eligible to pay online, over the telephone or via the mail.
You are eligible to take a Driving Safety class to keep a ticket off of your record if:
- You have a valid Texas driver's license (driver's with commercial license are ineligible)
- You have current proof of Texas liability insurance
- You have not taken a defensive driving class within the last twelve (12) months immediately preceding the date of the alleged offense
- You are not currently taking the course for another traffic violation
- You request a driving safety course on or before your appearance date
The mission of Grand Prairie Municipal Court is to serve its citizens, and guests within the community, in a courteous, efficient and professional manner. The court and its officers are dedicated to the principles of fair and impartial justice administered with respect and equality.