Stage Two Water Restrictions
Published on August 23, 2023
Water Restrictions in Effect For residences and businesses:
No watering on Tues., Wed., Thurs, Sat. and Sun.
Based on the last digit of your address:
- Even numbered addresses water on Mondays
- Odd numbered addresses water on Fridays
- Foundations and new plantings may be watered using handheld and soaker hoses for up to two hours
Properties with multiple addresses will be identified by the lowest address number. If no address exists, the city will assign one.
The lowest address number will identify apartments, office complexes, or other property containing multiple addresses.
Public spaces and large landscape watering involving multiple watering stations unable to reasonably comply with the odd even schedule will be conducted in accordance to a schedule determined by the city that is at least as restrictive as the address-based schedule.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane, or other vehicle is restricted, except on the designated landscape watering days. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public are contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
- Use of water for the draining and refill of any indoor or outdoor swimming pool or Jacuzzi-type pool is prohibited, except for water used to refill pools which have undergone repair or are newly constructed.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited, except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from fire hydrants shall be limited to firefighting related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, except the use of water from designated fire hydrants for construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from Grand Prairie Water Utilities.
- Golf courses may water greens and tee boxes by special permit. Irrigation of golf course fairways and other areas must comply with the once per week rotation schedule specified for landscape watering.
The City Manager, or a designated official, is authorized to enforce the measures set forth in the Drought Contingency Plan, and to promulgate regulations, not in conflict with this plan, or state or federal laws, in aid of enforcement.
A person who makes, causes, or permits use of water contrary to the measures implemented by the City Manager shall be punishable as provided by ordinance.