The Big Event is a one-day, citywide volunteerism day in which volunteers are matched with qualifying service projects at homes of people who need help, celebrating unity in the community.
Big Event 2022 Big Success!
Thanks to our volunteers and sponsors, more than 1,000 volunteers completed about 100 jobs in Grand Prairie March 26, celebrating unity and helping others.
View more photos
The 2022 Big Event in Grand Prairie will be March 26, 2022.
Last year’s Big Event was scheduled for March, but as you know; due to Covid, the event had to be cancelled….but this year we didn’t want to miss another opportunity to celebrate Unity in the Community and promote safe city wide volunteerism. With that, there are some changes to ensure that this event is safe for all.
Safety is our #1 priority and to ensure this, these modifications have been made:
- Group sizes will be limited to 10.
- No individual sign ups this year, find your group and sign up together!
- We'll be having a kick-off this year in the parking lot of South Grand Prairie High School, 301 W. Warrior Trail
- Join us at the Kick-Off at 8 a.m. for opening ceremonies and dispatch by 9 a.m. to your service projects
- The event is cancelled if raining and not rescheduled
- All event participants should register to receive important event updates. Text GPBIGEVENT to 888777.
- Deadline for volunteer sign ups is March 1, 2022. Volunteer Packet pickups will be March 22-23. Details will be emailed to your team captain.
Deadline to submit a job request is March 1, 2022. While the City would like to assist every job request applicant, the number of job requests that can be granted is directly dependent upon volunteer and resource capacity.
- All jobs are outside and do not require power tools.
- Jobs may include raking leaves, hauling debris, weeding, planting flowers, mulching, spring-cleaning and litter patrol.
- All jobs are vetted in advance, in Grand Prairie, one-time only, outside of homes or businesses.
2021 Big Event
Big success at The Big Event in Grand Prairie! Big thanks to all our sponsors and volunteers. 600 volunteers turned out to work at 60 job sites across town helping others in need. And the rain held off! See you next year!
Thank you to our sponsors, who make the Big Event possible!
David Nicklas Organ Donor Awareness
Hope 4 All
Live Life Grand
Precinct #7 Constable Sandra Lee
Grand Prairie Arts Council
Neighborhood Credit Union
Rotary Club of Grand Prairie
Chicken N Pickle
Lone Star Park
The Big Event is brought to you in part by these major sponsors:
- Frost Bank
- The LOH Foundation
- Community Revitalization
- Doers Roofing
- Bill Gonsiorek Insurance Agency
- Calvary Baptist Church
- Baylor Scott & White
- Indian Hills Baptist Church
- The Woods United Methodist
- Vietnam Veterans - Ch 1013
- Woodman Life Insurance
- Stripe A Zone
- Hope 4 All
- David Nicklas Organ Donor Awareness
- Rotary Club - Friday
- PSK LLP
- Lone Star Park
- Bancorp South
- Chick-Fil-A (Carrier Towne Crs)
Questions or Concerns?
All event participants should register to receive important event updates. Text GPBIGEVENT to 888777.