About Downtown Grand Prairie, Texas
Offering convenient access to Main Street businesses, Downtown Grand Prairie is located less than 5 miles from I-30, SH 360 and SH 161 and just minutes away from Grand Prairie's entertainment district.
Residents and visitors discover and enjoy fun shopping, dining and entertainment opportunities as the downtown area moves forward with new business venues like Market Square for Farmers Market, while also revitalizing pieces of the past like the Uptown Theater.
Recent Downtown Investments
During the last five years, the City of Grand Prairie has made a significant financial investment in its downtown, providing funds for the following projects:
- $5.5M for the Uptown Theater
- $1.2M for Market Square/Farmers Market
- $3M in Main Street façade improvements
- $1.1M sidewalk, landscaping and hardscaping improvements
- Added additional parking
- Funded a Restaurant Incentive Program for Main Street
- Public/Private partnership to redevelop the property at 321 W. Main St. into a restaurant.