Mayor Ron Jensen Bio
With Control Products Corporation since 1972, currently Owner/CEO
Graduated from Grand Prairie High School in 1969
Graduated from UT Arlington with a BA in Psychology in 1973
Received UTA Distinguished Alumni Award in 2008
Elected Mayor in 2013, 2016 and 2019; and City Council member representing District 6 in 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2009. While serving as a city council member, he was Mayor Pro Tem three times.
- President ofthe Sports Facilities Development Corporation
- Chair of the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Regional Transportation Council 2016-2017, after serving as Vice Chair in 2015
- Member of Matthew Road Baptist Church
- Member of the Grand Prairie Rotary Club
- Former board member of the city's Housing Finance Corporation
- Previously served as Chairman of YMCA board for two terms; YMCA Sports Committee Chair; coached soccer and basketball for four years; YMCA Campaign Chairman two years
- Past President of Grand Prairie Rotary Club, also served as Secretary-Treasurer for two years
- Former board member of DFW Medical Hospital Board and Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce.
- Received the Chamber of Commerce Public Servant Award in 2004 and the Man of the Year Award in 2007.
Married to wife Rebecca since 1972. Three children Eric, Jennifer and Nichole. Four grandchildren: Hannah, Victoria, Jackson and Olivia. Grand Prairie resident since 1963.