Constitutional Amendment Election: Tuesday, November 5, 2019. In order to qualify to Vote for this Election you must register by October 7, 2019. Vote at any Vote Center that is nearest to you.
Early Voting Schedule: October 21, 2019 - November 1, 2019
October 21 - October 25 (Monday-Friday)
8 AM to 5 PM
October 26 (Saturday)
8 AM to 5 PM
October 27 (Sunday)
1 PM to 6 PM
October 28 - October 30 (Monday - Wednesday)
8 AM to 5 PM
October 31- November 1 (Thursday - Friday)
7 AM to 7 PM
To learn more about Dallas County Early Voting, Registration and Ballot information, please visit dallascountyvotes.org or call 214-819-6300.
Dallas County and Tarrant County Elections will begin using vote centers in November 2019. This means that voters in Dallas County may vote on election day at any Dallas County polling location. Voters in Tarrant County will be able to vote at any Tarrant County polling location on election day. This is similar to how early voting is conducted now where voters can early vote at any early voting site in the county in which they are registered.
Grand Prairie Mayor and City Council
|District||Current Elected Official||Term Ends|
|Mayor (At Large)||Ron Jensen||05/2022|
|Mayor Pro Tem, District 8 (At Large)||Greg Giessner||05/2021|
|Deputy Mayor Pro Tem, District 1||Jorja Clemson||*05/2020|
|District 2||Jim Swafford||05/2022|
|District 3||Mike Del Bosque||*05/2020|
|District 4||John Lopez||05/2022|
|District 5||Cole Humphreys||05/2021|
|District 6||Jeff Wooldridge||05/2021|
|District 7 (At Large)||Jeff Copeland||*05/2020|
* An election will be held on May 2, 2020, for terms ending in May 2020. All offices are for a three-year term.
City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month with the exception of the months of July, October and December, which will have one meeting each. View minutes of past City Council meetings.
Qualifications to run for City Council
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the commencement of the term to be filled by the election;
- Must be a resident of Texas for 12 months and the City of Grand Prairie six months immediately preceding the 45th day before the election;
a. In addition, candidates for Districts 1 and 3 must be residents of the respective district and must have been a resident of the district for at least six months prior to the date of filing.
- Must not be under an adjudication of mental incompetence;
- Must not have been convicted of a felony for which he/she has not been pardoned or had
Civil rights restored by other official action;
- Must be a qualified, registered voter in the City of Grand Prairie, and have been a registered voter in Texas for the last twelve months.
An application for a place on the ballot can be obtained from the Office of the City Secretary and submitted to that office between January 15, 2020, and February 14, 2020. Polling locations will be posted to this webpage as soon as they are determined. Election information may also be found on the Dallas County election website and Tarrant County elections website.
For additional information:
City of Grand Prairie
Cathy DiMaggio, City Secretary
P.O. Box 534045
Grand Prairie, TX 75053-4045