Three Council Seats on the Ballot for Election May 6, 2023
2023 unofficial ballot (PDF, 72KB)(PDF, 72KB)
You can view sample ballots for Ellis, Tarrant, and Dallas(PDF, 1MB)(PDF, 1MB) County on their respective websites.
There are three council seats on Grand Prairie’s ballot this year and below are the candidate names which will appear on the ballot:
Council Member, District One, for a three-year term
- Jeca Williams
- Jorja Clemson
Council Member, District Three, for a three-year term
- Mike Del Bosque
Place 7, At Large, for a three-year term
- David Espinosa
- Jeff Copeland
- Bessye Adams
- Wendy Nguyen Anaya
Grand Prairie City Council Terms
The City Council is made up of six Council Members who represent six council districts, two Council Members who represent the city "at large," and a Mayor who is also elected at large. The Mayor and Council Members are elected for three-years terms on a nonpartisan basis.
||Current Elected Official
|Mayor (At Large)
||Mike Del Bosque
|Deputy Mayor Pro Tem, District 4
|Mayor Pro Tem, District 5
|Place 7 (At Large)
|Place 8 (At Large)
The election on May 6, 2023, will be for terms ending in May 2023. All offices are for a three-year term.
An application for a place on the ballot(PDF, 2MB)(PDF, 2MB) can be obtained from the Office of the City Secretary and submitted to that office beginning January 18, 2023, through February 17, 2023, by 5:00 p.m.
Qualifications to Run for City Council
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the commencement of the term to be filled by the election;
- Must be a resident of Texas for 12 months and the City of Grand Prairie six months immediately preceding the 45th day before the election;
- In addition, candidates must be residents of the respective district and must have been a resident of the district for at least six months prior to the date of filing.
- Must not be under an adjudication of mental incompetence;
- Must not have been convicted of a felony for which he/she has not been pardoned or had civil rights restored by other official action;
- Must be a qualified, registered voter in the City of Grand Prairie, and have been a registered voter in Texas for the last twelve months.
City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month with the exception of the months of July, October and December, which will have one meeting each.
View minutes of past City Council Meetings