Welcome to the City of Grand Prairie!
Grand Prairie is a premiere community conveniently nestled in the middle of Dallas/Fort Worth. The City offers amenities appealing to young professionals, growing families and seniors alike. With an affordable cost of living, beautiful neighborhoods, exceptional public schools, thousands of acres of parkland and a welcoming, friendly spirit, you can live life grand in Grand Prairie!
We Live Life Grand here – about 200,640 residents call Grand Prairie home, and we’re still growing. Grand Prairie is the 16th largest city in Texas, but we still have small town values.
Grand Prairie's attractions draw in almost 10 million visitors per year! For additional grand things to do in Grand Prairie; check out the Visit Grand Prairie Website.
How We Live Life Grand
Grand Prairie is full of grand experiences! Whether you stop in for lunch at one of the great restaurants downtown or spend a full day out on Joe Pool Lake, share your memories with us. Use #LiveLifeGrandGP on all social media to show how you experienced life in Grand Prairie! If you’re a resident, take a moment to share with us your grand story.
Grand Prairie recently welcomed more than 50 new restaurants and retail stores along SH 161, and development continues at a brisk pace. The city offers a vibrant lifestyle, with the best parks in the nation, more amenities than most, affordable to affluent housing and friendly neighbors.
City employees work hard to ensure Grand Prairie is known as an organization that creates Raving Fans by delivering world-class service. Our employee family and elected officials constantly live our values, aggressively move toward our vision and are always looking for ways to make the business of running a city even better. The hard work, positive input and optimism of all our city employees all play a key role in our success. We look forward to you joining our team!
An Award-Winning Place to Call Home
Did you know you live in one of the most sought-after places in Texas and the U.S.?
2022 Top Goals
- Complete City Hall Central parking lot
- Fund 10 full time positions frozen during pandemic
- Open six restaurants and water show in EpicCentral
- Launch a newly re-designed city website
- Begin widening of Wildlife Parkway from Belt Line to SH 161, complete 2024
- Celebrate Sprouts opening at Pioneer and Carrier
- Work with the cities of Mansfield and Midlothian to ensure consistent upscale development in SouthGate, our southern-most point near SH 360 and SH 287
- Welcome Hobby Lobby to our SH 161 business family
- Launch Via Grand Prairie on-demand rideshare public transit
- Complete widening of Camp Wisdom
- Seek an increase in homestead exemption
2021 in Review
- Decreased property tax rate by ½ cent in 2022 budget
- Celebrated City Manager Tom Hart’s 23 years of service as he retired, and welcomed Steve Dye into the City Manager position
- Partnered with the city of Irving to open our own drive-through COVID-19 vaccination station
- Began construction on two hotels with a connecting convention center and restaurant shells in EpicCentral, funded by voter approved $75M bonds
- Renamed NW 19th St. as ML King Jr. Boulevard, honoring unity and civil rights
- Celebrated grand opening of Chicken N Pickle indoor/outdoor pickleball courts and farm fresh dining experience in EpicCentral
- Started the heART Project, with first installations at Farmers Market and Waggoner Park
- Relocated and opened new Fire Station #3
- Added blockade apparatus to fire trucks
- Launched COPE to assist police working with residents who suffer from a form of mental illness