Electricity Service

Call 1-866-797-4839 or use the Power to Choose website, the official electric choice website of the Public Utility Commission of Texas, to find electric providers.

Report Power Outages

To report power outages, contact Oncor at 1-888-313-4747 or

  • Text “OUT” to 66267  -- customers smart phone must be associated on the account with the Retail Electric Provider
  • MyOncor Mobile APP:   oncor.com/app or can be found on Iphone or Samsung devices
  • Go Online:    stormcenter.oncor.com This is our outage map and is a place to report outages


Natural Gas Service

Natural gas service is provided by Atmos Energy. Call 1-888-286-6700 to set up new service.

Water Service

Apply for New Water Service

You can apply online, over the phone or in person for residential water service. Garbage and recycling pickup services are included.

Pay Water Bill

Pay by Phone 972-237-4545
Pay by Drive-Thru
Available Monday - Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM
City of Grand Prairie Water Utilities Department
300 W. Main Street
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Pay by Mail City of Grand Prairie Water Utilities
PO Box 534045
Grand Prairie, TX 75053
Pay Online
Pay Water Bill Online


Garbage, Recycling and Brush Collection Information

Garbage and Recycling Collection

The City of Grand Prairie provides garbage collection to each residence twice a week. Recycling collection is on one of your regular trash days. Separate trucks pick up trash and recycling. 

Look Up Your Trash/Recycling Days

Brush Pick-Up Program

Brush Pick-Up on Trash Collection Day:

  • Dallas County Residents may place brush and limbs on the curb on a regular trash pickup day that is bundled, weighs no more than 50 pounds and is no longer than 6 feet.
  • Tarrant County Residents, due to the Emerald Ash Borer state quarantine, residents may only use the city’s once-a-month brush pick for collection of brush and limbs, see below.

Monthly Brush Pick-Up Program: The City of Grand Prairie operates a Brush Pickup Program. This once-per-month service provides curbside pickup of tree limbs, brush, and firewood that are not bundled or bagged. Visit the Brush Program Information page to view your Brush Zone Schedule and County Guidelines.

Report Water Leaks and Sewer Blockages

Report Water Leaks and Sewer Blockages: Call 972-237-8400 (24-Hour Emergency Line) or Report Online

Request Line Locates: 972-237-8413