The Planning and Zoning Commission reviews and makes recommendations to the City Council on all applications for rezoning, site plans, requests for specific use permits, zoning ordinance amendments and sector plans. The commission has been charged by the state and by the City Council to solely act upon and approve or deny all plats submitted by the city.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is a nine member commission that meets twice a month at 6:30 p.m. Commissioners are appointed by the mayor and city council members and must not conduct business as a supplier or vendor to the city.
- View the Planning and Zoning Commission Members (PDF)
- Apply for a City of Grand Prairie Board or Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets twice a month at 6:30 p.m. at the City Council Chambers, 300 West Main St.
- 2020 Development Calendar
- Development Application Form (09.2019)
- Engineering Check List
- Sign up for notification when new agendas and minutes are posted
- Watch P&Z Meetings Online
Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting
- Date: 04/13/2020 6:30 PM
- Location: City Hall
300 West Main St.
Grand Prairie, Texas 75050
Due to an imminent threat to public health and safety arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting of the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be held via videoconference. The members of the Commission will participate remotely via videoconference. No facility shall be available for the public to attend in person.
Members of the public may participate in the meeting remotely via broadcast by webinar or telephone through the following URL location:
iPhone one-tap : US: +13462487799,,618132018#,,#,414090# or +14086380968,,618132018#,,#,414090#
Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592
Webinar ID: 618 132 018
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/auqol6dAo
All meeting participants will be automatically muted until it is their turn to speak. To be recognized to speak, use the “raise hand” feature in the Zoom meeting platform.
Those joining the meeting by phone may press *9 to raise your hand. After speaking, please remute your phone by pressing *6.
Any speaker wishing to visually display documents in connection with a presentation must submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in PDF format no later than 3:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, April 13th.
To view the entire packet online follow this link:
View Planning & Zoning Commission meeting agendas below.
- PZ Agenda Packet 05-26-20
- PZ Agenda Packet 05-11-20
- PZ Agenda Packet 04-27-20
- PZ Agenda Packet 04-13-20
- PZ Agenda Packet 03-09-20
- PZ Agenda Packet 02-24-20
- PZ Agenda Packet 02-03-20
- PZ Agenda Packet 01-06-20
- PZ Agenda Packet 12-02-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 11-04-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 10-07-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 09-09-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 08-05-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 07-01-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 06-03-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 05-06-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 04-01-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 03-04-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 02-04-19
- 01-07-2019 REVISED Planning and Zoning Agenda
- PZ Agenda Packet 01-07-19
- PZ Agenda Packet 12-03-18
- PZ Agenda Packet 11-05-18
- PZ Agenda Packet 10-01-18
- PZ Agenda Packet 09-10-18
- PZ Agenda Packet 08-06-18
- PZ Agenda Packet 07-02-18
- PZ Agenda Packet 2 06-04-18
- PZ Agenda Packet 1 06-04-18
- PZ Workshop Agenda.05-22-18