If the Grand Prairie Libraries don't have what you're looking for, you may request the item through InterLibrary Loan.
InterLibrary Loan helps library users obtain library material not available in the Grand Prairie Library System. Our library requests and borrows materials from other U.S. Libraries on behalf of library users. The item is mailed to the Grand Prairie library for the patron, then mailed back to the lending library once the patron has returned it.
Conditions of InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Service:
1. Patron must be an adult, Grand Prairie resident in good standing for 6 months.
2. Items requested must be at least 6 months old.
3. Some items may not be available including:
- Reference or genealogy works
- Rare or valuable books
- Items with expensive shipping costs
- Software and electronic resources
- Audio or Video
4. Request for photocopies must comply with copyright laws.
- Only five articles from the same magazine series.
- Only one article per issue.
- Only 50 pages from a single magazine or book
5. Items owned by the Grand Prairie Library System or International Libraries will not be ordered as an interlibrary loan. If there is an item at another Grand Prairie branch library, you may place a hold on that item, and it will be transferred to the branch you prefer.
6. Limit of 3 requests a week.
7. There are no rush requests. Items arrive in 2 to 6 weeks if they are available.
8. Checkout is 2 weeks with no renewals. Some items are In Library Use only.
9. Most ILL requests are free. Patrons can consent to, and must pay any fee in advance.
10. Once your ILL item arrives, you have 5 days from the time you are notified to come pick it up. After that, it will be sent back to its home library.
11. ILL materials must be returned to the designated service desk inside the library.
12. Any charges for overdue, lost or damaged items are the responsibility of the patron.
13. Failure to follow ILL policies or staff instructions can result in loss of library privileges.
Request an InterLibrary Loan