What are the early warning signs?
- Eating or sleeping too much or too little
- Secluding yourself from friends and family
- Having low energy or feeling numb
- Having unexplained aches and pains
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual
- Experiencing mood swings.
How to maintain a healthy mind:
Sometimes depression or feeling over stressed can be overwhelming, but there is hope. Ways to improve mental health include seeking professional help, connecting with others with similar issues, physical activity, getting plenty of sleep, and staying positive. Being outdoors releases serotonin in the body and improves mood.
It is important to keep a healthy mind because it will allow you to work productively and positively cope with
the stresses of life.
Ways to de-stress in Grand Prairie include visiting the local parks for a nature walk, joining a gym to work out, or visiting one of the community centers to connect with others.