Report Recycling Issue Online. A report can also be made by calling 972-237-8151 Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
There will be no Recycling collection on Holidays. View Grand Prairie's Recycling Holiday Schedule.
Discover what items can go in the bin! Proper recycling can help conserve our natural resources, give us healthier air to breathe and cleaner water to drink. It can also prevent hazardous conditions at the recycling facility.
Got something with chemicals? Batteries, auto fluids, light bulbs, oils and more can be taken to our Household Hazardous Waste Collection events. We host several events a year!
- Call2Recycle Battery Stewardship Program
- Electronics Donation and Recycling-US Environmental Protection Agency
- Electronics Recycling-Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Go Green at Home! For Kids & Adults-HomeAdvisor
- Keep America Beautiful
- Plastic Film Recycling
- Recycling Guide-Earth 911
- Texas Recycles Computers Program – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Recycles TVs Program – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- The Freecycle Network
- Thermostat Recycling Corporation
- Time To Recycle – North Central Texas Council of Governments
Volunteering at Kirby Creek Nature Center Exhibition Garden
The STAR-certified master composter course is offered at least once a year. To be eligible for certification, participants must complete 20 hours of education, 16 in-class and 4 out-of-class, as well as 20 hours of eligible volunteer activity, including composting at the Kirby Creek Nature Center. Volunteers must undergo the City’s background check. Learn more about Volunteering.
Independence Day - City Holiday
07/03/2020 - 07/04/2020
CANCELED - Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful Commission Meeting
07/14/2020 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful Commission Meeting
08/11/2020 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM