The Traffic Signs and Markings Program provides in accordance with federal, state and local regulations the fabrication, installation and maintenance of all signs and markings within the city of Grand Prairie. This is done in a courteous and proficient manner to inform and ensure the safe and efficient movement of the traveling public.
The City of Grand Prairie has approximately 100,000 street signs and 350 miles of pavement markings to maintain along with stop bars and crosswalks at every signalized intersection and over 100 school zones which consist of crosswalks and end school zone lines.
Responsible for maintaining the following:
- Signs and Street Markers
- Crosswalks and Stop Bars
- Striping and Buttons on Roadways
- Maintains Speed Humps in Alleys
- School Zone Signage and Crosswalks
Reporting Street Sign Problems
- To report a problem during normal business hours, please call 972-237-8525 or complete the request form below.*
- To report sign problems after hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, contact dispatch at 972-237-8400.
*To report a STOP sign that is down, immediately call 972-237-8525 during normal business hours or call 972-237-8400 afterhours.
Requesting New Signs, Pavement Markings or Speed Humps
To request any new installation of signs, pavement markings or speed humps contact Sholeh Karimi at 972-237-8131.