Functions of the Criminal Intelligence Unit (CIU):
- TACTICAL ANALYSIS:
- Provides information to assist operations personnel (patrol and investigative officers) in the identification of specific and immediate crime problems and the arrest of criminal offenders. Analysis data is used to promote a quick response to field situations.
- STRATEGIC ANALYSIS:
- Concerned with long-range problems and projections of long-term increases or decreases in crime (crime trends). Also includes the preparation of crime statistical summaries and the provision of resource positions.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYSIS:
- Focuses on the provision of economic, geographic, or social information to administrators. Tasks include special research projects and city council reports.
You can access crime statistics in Grand Prairie by using the following websites:
- Grand Prairie's Police to Citizen Website: Search police records for incidents by location, name and date.
- CrimeReports.com: This service allows you to set up a free account and receive e-mail alerts when a crime is reported near your home, work, school etc. You can adjust your location and parameters.
If you need more detailed information such as a larger time frame, maps, or graphs with your crime stats, please follow the guidelines below to make a formal request:
- All requests for crime statistics must be made in writing.
- Use one of the following options to send your formal request:
- fax your request to 972-237-8744;
- e-mail your request to email@example.com;
- submit your request in writing to the Grand Prairie Police Department located at 1525 Arkansas Lane in the lobby from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.; or
- mail your requests via U.S. Mail to:
Grand Prairie Police Department
1525 Arkansas Lane
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- Costs may be assessed according to the recommendations by the Texas Attorney General’s Office. If you would like specific cost information for your request, please call the Records Department at 972-237-8740.
- When requesting crime statistics, please include the following:
- the time range you would like and the specific area you’re inquiring about;
- your contact name, e-mail and telephone number so you may be reached when your request has been completed.
- Please note your request may take up to 10 business days to be completed, and you will be contacted when it is finished and ready for pick-up.
Report It: Citizen Property Inventory System
Leads Online provides a system for maintaining secure records of property you own. You may store serial numbers, item descriptions, pictures, and scans of receipts so that your items may be more easily identified in the event of theft or loss. This record may also come in handy when reporting any loss to your insurance provider. Learn More About Leads Online Report It.