All Backflow Testers must register with Environmental Services annually to test in the City of Grand Prairie. Registration form and required documents may be faxed at 972-237-8228 and payments over the phone at 972-237-8055 or in person at Environmental Services, 300 W. Main St., 2nd Floor, Grand Prairie, TX 75050.
- Backflow Tester Registration Form (PDF)
- TCEQ cross-connection backflow prevention assembly tester license
- Any other related licenses held, including drivers license and applicable fireline testers license
- Current gauge calibration report
- $100 registration fee
- $25 test booklets - backflow testers must use the approved test booklets
Environmental Services performs the initial test for all new commercial domestic backflow assemblies. The testing fee is $100.
All new installations of backflow assemblies also require a $60 plumbing permit from Building Inspections. Only a licensed plumber/irrigator may install or replace a backflow prevention assembly.
All installed backflow assemblies must be accessible by the tester. Above ground assemblies must not be installed more than five feet off the ground unless a permanent platform is provided. Above ground reduced pressure zone assemblies (RPZA) installed outdoors must be in a hotbox for freeze protection.
For more information on the required installation specifications, refer to the Cross Connection Ordinance.
- List of Licensed Backflow Testers
- Cross Connection Ordinance
- Double Check Assembly Detail
- Fireline Double Check Detail
To schedule a test or for more information on backflow prevention devices, call 972-237-8055.
To enter backflow reports online, go to grandprairie.tokaytest.com. Download the guide on how testers can enter test reports into the TOKAY Web Entry system.
- All new firelines require a Double Check Detector Assembly (DCDA).
- Fireline assemblies can only be tested by a state certified, city registered tester who is a full-time employee of a licensed fireline contractor.