Nothing beats a refreshing pool on sweltering summer days, but dirty or unmaintained pools are the perfect place for mosquito breeding. Mosquitos that carry the West Nile Virus lay eggs in pools with stagnant water. Don’t invite mosquitos to the party – keep your pool clean!
Swimming pools must be properly maintained according to the following maintenance tips:
- Run the pool filter daily about 8 hours per day.
- Maintain the pool’s sanitizer in the recommended range.
- Regularly clean, vacuum, and brush the pools walls and surfaces to remove bio-films.
- Add an initial dosage of quaternary algaecide.
- If the pool is covered, make sure the cover is completely drained of excess water.
- Delay winterizing the pool until first freeze.
- Make sure floats, equipment, and pool toys are stored so they will not collect water.