- 25% rebate on approved exterior improvements, up to $5,000 rebate limit per property per 12 months (from the date of the Notice to Proceed letter)
- Rebate program incentivizes private investment; we encourage applicants to participate as much as possible
- All improvements in the Notice to Proceed must be completed or the project is wholly disqualified; no partial rebates will be awarded
- Current or past work is not eligible for the rebate program
|Appraised Home Value||Minimum Investment|
The County Appraisal District (Dallas or Tarrant) appraised market value of the property must be less than $300,000.
Enter total project cost to view your total eligible rebate amount.
- Download and complete application and W-9 Form
- Contact the Building Blocks Team at firstname.lastname@example.org about your application
- Initial inspection and pictures of the improvement area by Housing Staff
- Notice to Proceed Letter mailed
- Includes project timeline, requirements, etc.
- Participant Completes project(s) within the timeline
- Final inspection and pictures of the project(s) passed
- Participant submits a rebate request form with receipts
- Rebate Award Letter and check are mailed to participant
- Must be a property owner (or tenant with written permission of property owner) of a Grand Prairie single-family residence, built prior to 2003
- Must furnish a completed application and W-9 form
- Participants are only eligible to participate in one approved project at a time.
- The County Appraisal District (Dallas or Tarrant) appraised market value of the property must be less than $300,000
- Must furnish a government issued picture ID
Examples of eligible projects
- Exterior siding and soffit repair and replacement
- Window replacement
- Exterior door replacement
- Garage door replacement and associated equipment
- Addition/replacement of roof turbines and ventilators
- Exterior painting
- Installation/replacement of gutters
- Replacement/repair of driveways and patios
- Fence repair and replacement*
- Solar screens
- Replacement/addition of turf, shrubs and trees
- Tree trimming (Owner Required to remove all brush once completed)
- New/replacement irrigation
- Sprinkler controller repair/replacement
*Must include exterior fence(s). Rebate limited to the cost associated with repairing or replacing the exterior fence(s). Example: Total fence repair is $4,000 of which $500 is for repair of external fences. The rebate will be limited to $500 which is less than 25% of the total cost.
Examples of ineligible projects
- New pools, hot tubs, spas and water features
- Any landscaping plan that includes the following:
- Plants that are not native or naturalized
- Irrigation system that does not allow plants to become established under current water restrictions at the time of plan approval; may require drip irrigation or soaker hoses
- Repair or replacement of sprinkler systems lacking digital controllers with functional rain and temperature sensors
- Detached accessory structures
- Garage conversions
- Exterior improvements or other items covered by the HOA
- Projects covered, even in part, by insurance Any project started before receiving your Notice to Proceed is ineligible for the rebate (this includes deposits, down payments and purchased items)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can project deadlines be extended?
How do I determine my appraised home value?
How are projects approved?
My project is not on the list of eligible projects. Can I still apply?
I’m contesting my appraised property value. Can I still apply?
Does my project require a permit?
Can I do the work myself?