Manages one- and two-way communication through communication between the city and its public, including citizens and employees.
- Promotes city services, programs and facilities.
- Communicates with employees, citizens and businesses.
- Handles media relations for the city.
- Runs GPTV Channel 16.
- Produces The Pipeline citizen newsletters.
- Produces Prairie Pulse employee newsletter.
- Assists with Life is Grand quarterly parks and recreation guide.
- Manages multiple city Websites and social media accounts.
- Works to improve the image of Grand Prairie.
- Oversees Historic Preservation.
- Oversees Tourism.
Over the past 20 years, the city of Grand Prairie Communications and Marketing Department has won 41 national and 17 state awards.