Grand Prairie in 1950
- 1950 population 14,594.
- E. Carlyle Smith Sr. was mayor.
- The Uptown Theater opened in 1950.
- Grand Prairie State Bank built and opened its new building at the corner of Center and Main.
- The City Commission voted to hire a City Meat Inspector at $1 per year plus 35 cents per head of cattle and other animals inspected.
- The City Commission voted to install curbs at the intersections of streets in downtown.
- City Commission voted to annex Burbank Gardens.
- The City Commission asked the City Attorney to notify residents that the sewer is available and residents be required to connect.
- Tax rate for 1950 scheduled to be $1.44 on $100 assessed value.
Download: 1950 Historic Downtown Walking Tour Map (PDF)