Go Green in Your Community
Go Green at Home
Go Green in Your Yard
Go Green at Work
- Carpool to work (consider using the Park and Ride located off I-30 and Belt Line Road in Grand Prairie).
- Make sure your Grand Prairie workplace is signed up to participate in the curbside recycling for commercial bag customers.
- Replace standard light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs, recycle toner cartridges and printer paper, set printer settings to double-sided when appropriate, print draft documents on scratch paper.
Go Green on the Roads
- Carpool when possible.
- Purchase a full smart car.
- Inflate car tires to right pressure.
- Change your air filter.
- Turn off your engine rather than allowing your vehicle to idle.
- Use cruise control.
- Wash your car at commercial car washes that recycle water.
- Don't top off your gas tank.
Local Volunteer Opportunities
- Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful programs
- Report Illegal Dumping - Have you witnessed illegal dumping in the City of Grand Prairie or know of a location where illegal dumping has occurred? Please
call the Illegal Dumping Hotline at 972-237-8064 or visit the City's Code Enforcement page.
- Environmental Collection Center - Go to the ECC to drop off your household hazardous waste (HHW) if you can't make it to our HHW events.
- City of Grand Prairie Environmental Services Department - For more information on environmental-related volunteer opportunities, check out the Environmental Services Web page.
State of Texas Volunteer Programs