How to Help Hurricane Harvey Victims
Our hearts are with Southeast Texas residents as they deal with the devastation from Hurricane Harvey.
For assistance with a shelter, or to volunteer, please call 211.
How can you help?
Monetary donations are preferred at the moment. Please do not take donated items to shelters as they do not have the staffing or storage to support such donations unless they specifically request items.
Consider making monetary donations to:
- American Red Cross: To donate, visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-REDCROSS or text “HARVEY” to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- The Salvation Army: To donate, visit www.helpsalvationarmy.org, call 1-800-SAL-ARMY, or text “STORM” to 51555.
- Dallas Foundation: Donate online or call 214-741-9898 for more information.
- Greater Houston Community Foundation: Donate online at ghcf.org/hurricane-relief or text "HARVEY2017" to 91999.
- Catholic Charities USA: To donate, visit www.catholiccharitiesusa.org
A blood shortage is expected due to a high number of injuries from the storm. Consider donating blood at:
- Carter Bloodcare: Call 800-366-2834 or text “DONATE4LIFE” to 444999
Help the Pets:
Pets are being evacuated and brought to shelters in North Texas. To help meet the needs, please donate to: