Food and Frights at Grand Prairie Farmers Market This October
From popcorn and pumpkins, barbecue to burgers, the Grand Prairie Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St., has an array of activities planned throughout October.
GRAND PRAIRIE – From popcorn and pumpkins, barbecue to burgers, the Grand Prairie Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St., has an array of activities planned throughout October. Farmers Market is open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, featuring fresh produce and much more.
Saturday, Oct. 4, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Learn to make kettle corn during the cooking demonstration featuring Grand Prairie legend Mr. Jackie Harrison at 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, Oct. 11, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
· The first 75 adults who come by the Grand Prairie table with the secret word will receive a FREE pumpkin. Giveaways start at 8 a.m.
Saturday, Oct. 18, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Sample some grand fare and learn about Grand Prairie’s Phat Daddy’s Barbecue during the Restaurant Showcase at 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, Oct. 25, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Learn about Kyle Bryson’s unique approach to burgers during the Restaurant Showcase featuring a Grand Prairie classic, Mixed-Up Burgers. The demonstration begins at 10:30 a.m.
Friday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
· Check out the ghouls, goblins, games and goodies during Street N’ Treat, Grand Prairie’s biggest Halloween event. Children are invited to bring a big bag and say “trick or treat” during this family-friendly celebration.
The Grand Prairie Farmers Market features locally grown fruits and vegetables, meats, honey, pasta, spices, tamales, candles, soaps and much more. The market is open every Saturday, March to December, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information about the Farmers Market, call 972-237-4599 or visit www.gptx.org/farmersmarket.