Grand Prairie Memorial Day Schedule
Gather at the Grand Prairie Veterans Memorial for a ceremony on May 27 at 9:30 a.m....
In observance of Memorial Day, the city of Grand Prairie administrative offices will be closed on Monday, May 27. The city will have a Memorial Day ceremony on Monday, May 27, at the Grand Prairie Veterans Memorial, 925 W. Conover. Gather at 9:30 a.m. and the ceremony will begin promptly at 10 a.m. The event will feature an AT-6 vintage aircraft flyover. This plane’s wings were produced in Grand Prairie during the 20th century. The ceremony will also include guest speaker Retired Commander Jack M. Bailey from the U.S. Navy Reserve, and a 21-gun salute. The recently dedicated Brass Honor Bell will be rung after the reading of each name of Grand Prairie service personnel lost during the many battles for our freedom.
Veterans from all branches of the military and tours of service are welcome to attend, as well as families of veterans and other well-wishers. A free all-American hot dog lunch and lemonade provided by local Grand Prairie Rotary Clubs will be served.
Memorial Day hours for city services are as follows:
- Libraries – closed, items can be renewed online at gptx.org/library. All libraries have book drops for the return of items after-hours.
- Water bill payment offices – closed
- The Epic Recreation Center – open 5:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Shotwell Life Center, Charley Taylor and Dalworth Recreation Centers – closed
- The Summit 50+ Adult Activity Center –closed
- Prairie Lakes Golf Course – open
- Tangle Ridge Golf Club – open
- Kirby Creek Indoor Pool –open swim: 1-6 p.m., Lap swim: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6-9 p.m.
- Outdoor Pools and Splash Factory – open 1-6 p.m.
- Garbage Collection/Recycling – No trash or recycling pickup; trash will be picked up on your next regularly scheduled day.
- Landfill – closed
- Animal Shelter – closed
- Tourist Information Center – open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Municipal Court - closed