Top City of Grand Prairie Goals for 2019
- Celebrate opening Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark’s outdoor wave pool
- Reopen an expanded and renovated Warmack Library, Charley Taylor Recreation Center and Prairie Paws Animal Shelter
- Begin construction of PlayGrand Adventures all accessible playground
- Open Palace Parkway extension from Belt Line Road east to Interstate 30
- Open Firehouse Gastro Park in historic Fire Station No. 1
- Implement a facial recognition software program for police to more effectively identify wanted persons
- Build a new City Hall, linking existing City Hall to Development Center.
- Widen Great Southwest Parkway from four to six lanes from Sara Jane to Mayfield Road (complete 2020)
- Welcome more than 50 new restaurants and retail stores along SH 161
More top goals will be shared by Grand Prairie Mayor Ron Jensen at the State of the City event on March 7, 2019.