Submit Your Event
City posts events open to the public. Submit your event for the community calendar using the event submission form.
FIT for Health Program
For families with children 6-12 years of age
- Date: 03/26/2019 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Location: Betty Warmack Library
760 Bardin Rd.
Grand Prairie, Texas 75052
Return to full list >>
FIT (Families in Training) for Health Program
Tuesdays, 4-5:30pmThe YMCA offers a free nutrition and health program for families with children 6-12 years of age consisting of 11 group sessions that meet once a week for 1.5 hours. Each session consists of a physical activity and a nutritional education portion for the families. For early registration or questions, please contact Tracey Burns at 469-276-8442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 26: Introduction and Registration Forms
- March 5: Run In (Physical Activity & Nutrition
- March 12: Spring Break
- March 19: Goal Setting
- March 26: Energy Balance
- April 2: Communication
- April 9: Portion Distortion
- April 16: Screen Time & Family Meetings
- April 23: Junk Food, Fast Food & Soda
- April 30: Social Support and Communication
- May 7 : Slipping Up
- May 14: Potluck Celebration and Review