Browse the week's upcoming events below or view the monthly community calendar.
FIT for Health Program
For families with children 6-12 years of age
- Date: 04/16/2019 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Location: Betty Warmack Library
760 Bardin Rd.
Grand Prairie, Texas 75052
Return to full list >>
FIT (Families in Training) for Health Program
Tuesdays, 4-5:30pmThe YMCA offers a free nutrition and health program for families with children 6-12 years of age consisting of 11 group sessions that meet once a week for 1.5 hours. Each session consists of a physical activity and a nutritional education portion for the families. For early registration or questions, please contact Tracey Burns at 469-276-8442 or email@example.com.
- February 26: Introduction and Registration Forms
- March 5: Run In (Physical Activity & Nutrition
- March 12: Spring Break
- March 19: Goal Setting
- March 26: Energy Balance
- April 2: Communication
- April 9: Portion Distortion
- April 16: Screen Time & Family Meetings
- April 23: Junk Food, Fast Food & Soda
- April 30: Social Support and Communication
- May 7 : Slipping Up
- May 14: Potluck Celebration and Review
Annual Special Events
Mark your calendar! The city is host to special annual events such as Main Street Fest, Prairie Lights, Hatch Chile Fest and more.
Submit an Event
The city posts events to the website calendar that are open to the public. Let us know if the calendar is missing a community event!