The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of race or color, national origin, religion, gender, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians; pregnant women and people securing custody of children under 18) or disability.
If you think you have experienced housing discrimination, you have the following options:
Contact City of Grand Prairie Housing Office
City of Grand Prairie Housing & Neighborhood Services
205 W. Church St
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Submit Online Complaint Form to HUD
Fill out the HUD Form 903 Online Complaint Form.
Send Letter to HUD
Alternatively, you can write a letter to U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and include the following information:
- Your Name and Address
- When (date) the discrimination occurred
- Name and Address of all persons who discriminated against you
- Address of where the discrimination occurred
- Short description of why you feel your housing rights were denied
- Mail letter to the address listed above