The city of Grand Prairie offers a variety of affordable resources, facilities, services and programs that encourage a heart healthy, physically active lifestyle.
- Parks and Trails
- Recreation Facilities
- Farmers Market - Opening day for the 2014 season is Saturday, March 29, 2014.
Parks and Trails
Grand Prairie has 52 parks. Find one that's closest to you: www.GrandFunGP.com/parks
Check out the miles and miles of beautiful hiking/biking trails in Grand Prairie: www.grandfungp.com/parks/trails.htm
Bowles Life Center
Recreation center with low membership fees, offers full size gym, game room, fitness equipment, indoor running/walking track, fitness classes and recreation programs.
2750 Graham St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050 [Google Map]
Charley Taylor Recreation Center
Recreation center with low membership fees, weight room, pre-K sports leagues, classes, gym, and more.
601 E. Grand Prairie Road, Grand Prairie, TX 75050 [Google Map]
Dalworth Recreation Center
Dalworth Recreation Center is currently closed for renovations and will reopen later in 2014.
2012 Spikes St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050 [Google Map]
Kirby Creek Natatorium
Check out Grand Prairie's heated indoor pool open year round. In the summer,
The Summit Active Adult Center (for ages 50+)
Over 50? The 60,000-square-foot-facility offers state-of-the-art fitness areas, gym, indoor infinity edge pool with lap lanes and exercise vortex, sauna, cafe, classes, exercise programs, indoor walking track, gym, and much more for members ages 50 and older.
2975 Esplanade, Grand Prairie, TX 75052 [Google Map]
Grand Prairie libraries offer numerous resources for improving your health including diet books, exercise DVDs, cookbooks, online databases with research on various health issues, downloadable eAudiobooks and music (to listen while you work out!), and more. Library cards are free!
Healthy Heart Recommended Reading List:
- Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum's heart book : every woman's guide to a heart-healthy life / Suzanne Steinbaum.
- American Medical Association guide to preventing and treating heart disease : essential information you and your family need to know about having a healthy heart / Martin S. Lipsky ... [et al.].
- The women's heart book : the complete guide to keeping your heart healthy / Fredric J. Pashkow and Charlotte Libov.
- Best practices for a healthy heart : how to stop heart disease before or after it starts / Sarah Samaan.
- Cleveland clinic healthy heart lifestyle guide and cookbook / Bonnie Sanders Polin and Frances Towner Giedt ; foreword by Steven Nissen.
Grand Prairie Farmers Market
Open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. beginning Saturday, March 29, 2014, the Grand Prairie Farmers Market features locally grown fruits and vegetables, plants, homemade baked goods, grass fed beef, and more.
120 W. Main St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050 [Google Map]