The city of Grand Prairie offers affordable resources, facilities, services and programs that encourage healthy lifestyles.
Parks and Trails
Grand Prairie has 52 parks and miles and miles of trails. Find one that's closest to you:
Activities: Boating, basketball, baseball, fishing, picnics, soccer, football, swimming, tennis, walking, hiking, biking.
View Grand Prairie Parks and Recreation Parks and Trail System in a larger map
Tony Shotwell Life Center
Recreation center with low membership fees, offers full size gym, game room, fitness equipment, indoor running/walking track, fitness classes and recreation programs.
2750 Graham St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050 [Google Map]
Charley Taylor Recreation Center
Recreation center with low membership fees, weight room, pre-K sports leagues, classes, gym, and more.
601 E. Grand Prairie Road, Grand Prairie, TX 75050 [Google Map]
Dalworth Recreation Center
Dalworth Recreation Center is currently closed for renovations and will reopen later in 2014.
2012 Spikes St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050 [Google Map]
Kirby Creek Natatorium (Indoor Pool)
Check out Grand Prairie's heated indoor pool open year round.
Several outdoor pools are open during the summer.
The Summit Active Adult Center (for ages 50+)
Over 50? The 60,000-square-foot-facility offers state-of-the-art fitness areas, gym, indoor infinity edge pool with lap lanes and exercise vortex, sauna, cafe, classes, exercise programs, indoor walking track, gym, and much more for members ages 50 and older.
2975 Esplanade, Grand Prairie, TX 75052 [Google Map]
Healthy Home Awareness Recommended Reading:
- The everything guide to a healthy home : all you need to protect yourself and your family from hidden household dangers
- Home hints & tips : the new guide to natural, safe and healthy living
- Jeff May's healthy home tips : a workbook for detecting, diagnosing, & eliminating pesky pests, stinky stenches, musty mold, and other aggravating home problems
- No-regrets remodeling : creating a comfortable, healthy home that saves energy
- Your naturally healthy home : stylish, safe, simple
- Clean hands, dirty hands
- Clean house
- I don't want to clean my room! : and other poems about chores
- Oh, rats! : the story of rats and people
- The dirty little boy
901 Conover Drive
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Betty Warmack Branch Library
760 Bardin Road
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Tony Shotwell Branch Library
2750 Graham St.
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
(inside the Tony Shotwell Life Center)
Grand Prairie Farmers Market
Open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. March-December, the Grand Prairie Farmers Market features locally grown fruits and vegetables, plants, tamales, breads, salsas, dips, relishes, soy candles, eggs, soaps, honey, chips, cookies and more.
120 W. Main St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050 [Google Map]