Get Up. Get Out. Get Outside!
The great outdoors is America’s first and best playground, so let’s get outside and enjoy it! There are so many different ways to enjoy the beautiful spring weather. Whether you go for a family bike ride, or just sit at a park and watch the birds, spending time enjoying nature is a great way to stay physically and mentally healthy.
Grand Prairie offers many opportunities to get outside:
- Play golf at one of the beautiful golf courses around town (Prairie Lakes or Tangle Ridge)
- Swim, hike, bike, canoe or camp at Loyd Park
- Spend the day on the lake at Lynn Creek Park and Marina
- Picnic in the park with a healthy meal or walk on one of the top 10 walking trails in Grand Prairie
- Bring your bike and come to any of the Cyclin’ with the Mayor events
- Take a stroll around the Farmer’s Market (open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday's April-December)
- Volunteer to pick up litter with Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful
- Learn to garden in your backyard or at one of Grand Prairie’s community gardens
- Take a stroll through the park as you listen to an audio book during Walking Words Wednesdays
The recommended amount of physical activity for is 60 minutes a day for children and 30 minutes a day for adults. You can easily reach those goals by spending time outside enjoying the sunshine and cooler spring temperatures! Walk your kids to school a few times a week or take your bike to school/ work when you can. On the weekends, get outside as a family to play a game of basketball or catch.