Police Department | 1525 Arkansas Ln. | Grand Prairie, TX 75052 | Front Desk: 972-237-8790 | Contact
The auto theft section consists of 1 Sergeant and 3 detectives and handles approximately 1,000 auto theft investigations each year. The section is responsible for investigating motor vehicle thefts and related crimes including stolen vehicle recoveries and “chop shops” with multiple thefts and multiple offenders. The section also investigates the thefts of motorcycles, vehicle burglaries, unauthorized use of motor vehicle cases, cargo theft, and 18 wheeler thefts.
Ways to assist in the reduction of auto theft:
- Park in a well lighted area.
- DO NOT leave your vehicle unattended with the keys in the ignition.
- Lock your vehicle.
- Use an anti-theft deterrent device.
Ways to assist if your vehicle is stolen:
- Know or record your license plate and vehicle identification number.
- Know or record your insurance information.
- To learn more about Auto Theft, please call 972-237-8750.