Jorja Clemson - District 1 | 317 W College St. | P.O. Box 534045 | Grand Prairie, TX 75053
Phone 972-237-8022 | Staff Email | City Council District Map
In May of 2013, Jorja was elected to represent Grand Prairie City Council, District 1, where she currently serves on the Finance and Government Committee and the Grand Prairie Sports Corporation. She was honored to serve with her mother, Ruthe Jackson, for three months, before Mrs. Ruthe’s death in August 2013.
Community service includes:
• Past president of Grand Prairie City Council of PTA’s
• Past president of Grand Prairie Arts Council
• Past president of Grand Prairie Woman’s Club
• Founding president of Junior Woman’s Club
• Past board of director member of the Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
• Past board of director member of Young Audiences of Greater Dallas
• Past chairman of the Grand Prairie Library Board
• Founding president of Kids INC (In Need of Clothing)
• Past president of the Grand Prairie High School Alumni Association
• Member of Keep Texas Beautiful
• Board of directors for the GPISD Education Foundation
• Board of directors for Kids INC
• Board of directors of the Great Southwest Industrial District Association
• Board of directors of the E. Carlyle Smith Grand Prairie Parkland Community Hospital
Jorja is past president and current board member of LifeLine Shelter for Families, Inc., serving families of homeless children within the Grand Prairie Independent School District. She has served as chairman of the LifeLine Shelter Freedom Luncheon for many years, which, with the help of the board and the committee, has raised almost one-half million dollars for homeless children and their families in Grand Prairie.
Jorja was named the 2012 Woman of the Year by the Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce, selected as an “Outstanding Young Woman of America” two consecutive years, received the Jeri Fischer Community Service Award from the Grand Prairie Council of PTA’s, and was honored to receive the Women In History Hall of Fame Award from Soroptomist International of Grand Prairie in 2010. She was awarded Life Membership to the Texas PTA by the GP Council of PTA’s. She was the recipient of Friday Rotary’s Charitable Service Award in 2011.
Jorja has been active in her family’s business for many years, now serving as president of Store Service, Inc. She also serves on the board of directors for Product Sales Inc. She previously served as office manager for Product Sales, Inc.
A lifelong resident of Grand Prairie, Jorja has been married to Dan L. Clemson for 42 years. They have three children, Spencer Clemson, Leanna Clemson Garcia and Allison Clemson Allison. They also have seven fabulous grandchildren: Blake Garcia, Cade Garcia, Allie Garcia, Luke Allison, Lane Daniel Allison, Boston Lee Allison and Madison Clemson. Jorja is the daughter of the late Ruthe Jackson and Vernon Jackson. Jorja is a graduate of Grand Prairie High School. She received a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Texas at Arlington and later received a scholarship to return to study Music Education.
Jorja is a member of CrossPoint Church of Christ, and has served as a Bible class teacher, member of the praise team, and served on various committees and projects. She served on the Bible Study Fellowship International leadership team for many years. She has been the director of The Joyful Hearts ladies’ singing ensemble for many years.
Dan, Jorja's husband, is co-owner of All Vend Management. He is a member of CrossPoint Church of Christ, where he serves as Elder and has taught adult Sunday school classes. He is a member and past president of Rotary International, where he is a Paul Harris Fellow. He has served as past president and member of the Grand Prairie Independent School District School Board, YMCA board and Chamber of Commerce board.