CONTACT: AMY SPRINKLES 972-237-8140; firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a Very Prairie Christmas in downtown Grand Prairie as we light up Main Street Friday, Nov. 30, from 6-9 p.m. starting at City Hall, 317 College St., with Grand Prairie Independent School District choral entertainment and the annual lighting of the tree.
Then, stroll downtown from Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St. to Uptown Theater, 120 E. Main St., for the Lit On Main Reindeer Games, Art Shows, Cake Ball Bar, Seussical the Musical, Ugly Lamp Contest and more.
The night begins with ever-so-excellent GPISD elementary school entertainment at City Hall at 6 p.m., and middle school carolers to high school choirs who will raise their voices to ring in the season and light the tree at City Hall.
Then up and down Main Street from 6–9 p.m. stroll with Santa, the Grinch, Cindy Lou Who and carolers to enjoy:
- Reindeer Games at Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St., from free games like Santa Bowling, Reindeer Toss, Fishing for Santa, Spin the Wheel, bounce houses and face painting to Photos with Santa ($5), cookies ($2) and hot chocolate ($2). SNOW!
- Cake Ball Bar ($2/cake ball) and free Pop Up Art Show by the Association of Grand Prairie Artists will fill the former Antique Mall, 110 W. Main St.
- Pop Up Art Show, Grand Prairie Arts Council, 116 E. Main St., free cider and cookies
- Market vendors and food trucks
At the Uptown Theater, 120 E. Main St.:
- Seussical the Musical will dance and sing holiday spirit right into your heart. Show starts at 8 p.m. Two-for-One ticket special at the box office from 6-8 p.m. Friday night only!
- Lit on Main Champagne on a Cloud specialty bar.
- Lit on Main Ugly Lamp Contest Kick Off at Uptown Theater – vote for your favorite Ugly Lamp!
Fun for all and all for fun at Lit on Main, Friday, Nov. 30, 6-9 p.m.
For more info visit www.gptx.org/litonmain or call 972-237-8086.