Animal Services | 2222 W. Warrior Trail | Grand Prairie, TX 75052 | Phone: 972-237-8575 | Fax 972-237-8579
E-mail | Hours of Operation
Your contribution to the Animal Welfare Fund helps promote resident safety and ensure that animals are provided a safe and healthy environment. Your donations help us:
- Treat companion animals with injuries or illnesses for owners who cannot afford treatment and might be forced to otherwise surrender their beloved pets to Grand Prairie Animal Services.
- Support the Seniors for Seniors adoption program, which works to match older pets with senior citizens, free of adoption fees.
- Provide medical treatment for stray animals in our shelter with treatable conditions, making them good candidates for adoption.
Your gift is tax deductible and very much appreciated. You may wish to consult IRS Publication 526 to review examples of charitable contributions.
Donate online or:
- Call 972-237-8575 to make credit card donation over the phone.
- Stop by during animal shelter operating hours to donate in person at 2222 W. Warrior Trail.
Monetary donations can also go to support spaying and neutering in our city and many other worthwhile causes. Animal Services also needs your donations of blankets, towels, and kitty litter.
Become a Prairie Angel
A Prairie Angel allows caring people to sponsor a dog or cat that is available for adoption. Adoption fees are $70 and by sponsoring an animal the cost is reduced to $35. Please consider adopting a sponsored pet or you can help by sponsoring one yourself. If you are interested in sponsoring an animal and help save a life you can make a monetary donation by visiting our shelter, or you can make a monetary donation online by clicking the "Donate" button above.
Brick Sales and the Prairie Paws Path
For $40 donors can purchase a commemorative brick engraved with their pet's name. The bricks can be personalized with choices for wording and color. $15 covers the cost of the brick and $25 goes to the Animal Care Fund. Bricks are placed in the Prairie Paws Path just
Thinking about giving a pet as a gift, but just don’t know if the recipient of your gift will be as in love as you were at the time of adoption? Don’t worry; you can purchase a Gift Certificate at Prairie Paws Adoption Center instead. This strategy allows the recipient of your gift to choose their own pet and to decide when they are ready to care for a pet. Gift Certificates are $70 and cover the cost of the adoption fee.