10 Minute Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas
1 (15 oz) can Black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup Corn
1/3 cup Salsa
2 tsp Taco seasoning
1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped (or green onions)
1 cup Shredded cheese of choice
8 Low carb/high fiber wraps
- In a medium bowl, mix together beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning and cilantro.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium low heat, sprayed with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the skillet, and scoop 1/2 cup of the filling onto the tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over the bean mixture, and place second tortilla on top of the cheese. Press down on top tortilla lightly with the back of your spatula, so you can meld the tortillas together as the cheese melts. When the bottom tortilla begins to brown, flip the quesadilla over until both tortillas are lightly browned and crispy and the cheesy filling has melted. Cut into wedges if desired and enjoy!
- If you don’t want to make all four quesadillas right away, you can put the bean/corn mixture in a Tupperware, and make quesadillas throughout the week! You can also freeze the quesadillas after you make them! Simply fill each one and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for one hour, then transfer to a ziplock bag. To reheat the quesadillas, microwave for 30-60 seconds to thaw and follow cooking method above.
Buffalo Chicken Fries
2 medium Sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
1 Egg white, lightly beaten
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 cup Cooked chicken, shredded or diced
1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated (or mozzarella)
1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
Optional: Low fat plain Greek yogurt of low fat sour cream for drizzling, green onions or chives for topping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil (for easy clean up) and spray with cooking spray. Cut potatoes into wedges (I microwave them first for 2 minutes so they are a bit easier to cut), and place on baking pan.
- Brush potato wedges with the egg white (this will help seasoning to stick, and help them get crispy!) Sprinkle seasoning evenly over potatoes. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they begin to get lightly golden brown and crisp. When finished baking, remove from the oven (but keep oven on).
- Meanwhile, mix the hot sauce and chicken together in a small bowl, and toss to coat. (If you like things spicy, you may add more hot sauce if desired.)
- Evenly distribute the chicken/hot sauce mixture over the fries. Top with both cheeses, and return the fries the oven for five minutes, or until cheddar cheese melts. Remove from the oven and top with Greek yogurt and chives/green onions if desired. Enjoy!