Lunchtime doesn't have to be PB&J for your kids every single day! Taco Pitas are easy and fast since there is no meat to cook. When wrapped in plastic wrap, or enclosed in a sectioned lunch container, it's easy to keep fresh until lunchtime.
So, to make our pitas taste like tacos, we used:
- Black Beans
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped Green Onions
- Chopped Avocados
- Taco Seasoning
- Whole Wheat Pitas
Mix all ingredients (except lettuce and pitas) in a bowl. Scoop into pitas when preparing lunch.
Whipped Pineapple Pops
- 2 - 20 oz cans naturally sweetened crushed pineapple OR 1 large fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups cream, almond milk, or coconut milk (full fat works best for the most creamy consistency)
- Place pineapple and lime juice in a high power blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Combine with creamy liquid.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until hardened.