BREAKFAST: Breakfast Banana Split
• 4 bananas
• 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
• 2 cups fresh or frozen (defrosted) fruit
• I cup granola
1. Peel bananas, split lengthwise and place into a dish. Repeat until all bananas are split.
2. Place ½ cup yogurt on top of bananas, and then top with ½ cup of fresh fruit.
3. Sprinkle with ¼ cup of granola. Serve.
LUNCH: Grilled Eggplant Panini
• 2 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 8 1/2-inch s eggplant, (about 1 small)
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 8 slices whole-grain country bread
• 8 thin slice fresh mozzarella cheese
• 1/3 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
• 4 thin slice red onion
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Combine mayonnaise and basil in a small bowl. Using 1 tablespoon oil, lightly brush both sides of eggplant and sprinkle each slice with garlic salt. With the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, brush one side of each slice of bread.
3. Grill the eggplant for 6 minutes, turn with a spatula, top with cheese, and continue grilling until the cheese is melted and the eggplant is tender, about 4 minutes more. Toast the bread on the grill, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
4. To assemble sandwiches: Spread basil mayonnaise on four slices of bread. Top with the cheesy eggplant, red peppers, onion and the remaining slices of bread. Cut in half and serve warm.
DINNER: Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
• 4 medium sweet potatoes
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 carrot, peeled and diced
• 2 celery ribs, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 4 cups water or chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper (optional)
1. Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Cut into 1-inch pieces
2. Heat a large pot over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, pepper, and cumin to pot and stir well. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes and broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30-40 minutes.
4. Let the soup cool for 15-20 minutes and puree in 2-3 batches.