Top 10 Accomplishments of 2012
- Opened SH 161 main lanes.
- Opened Grand Prairie Premium Outlet Mall featuring 100 upscale retail stores and employing 1,700 people.
- Opened Parkland Clinic.
- Began construction of Dallas County Courthouse.
- Voters reapproved the 1/4 cent sales tax for a Crime Control District.
- Began our own Police Academy.
- Dropped crime by 20 percent.
- Hired new Grand Prairie Fire Chief Robert Fite, upon Clif Nelson’s retirement.
- Completed renovation of City Council Chambers.
- Opened Lynn Creek Parkway connecting Lake Ridge to SH 360.
Top 10 Goals for 2013
- Revote the 1/4 cent sales tax for Street Improvements.
- Design a new Fire Station #1. [Update]
- Open SH 161 frontage roads at Main Street and railroad tracks.
- Build a new clinic at Prairie Paws to provide medical care for shelter animals.
- Open a new Dallas County Courthouse. [Update]
- Debut new Waggin’ Wagon mobile animal adoption trailer.
- Complete Lake Ridge widening from lake to Great Southwest Parkway.
- Complete Lake Ridge connection to I-20 and SH 161.
- Build new cremation garden at Grand Prairie Memorial Gardens.
- Build new Dalworth Recreation Center. [Update]
Download: 2012-2013 Annual Report (PDF)
City of Grand Prairie: 20 Years in 2 Minutes Video:
The Grand Prairie Story: People, Pride and Progress Video