The Emergency and Small Home Repair Program assists low and moderate income persons with emergency repairs that occur without warning and are a threat to the health and safety of the applicant.
- Applicants must own and occupy the residence.
- Applicant must not have received prior assistance from the City under any housing program.
- Applicants annual income must not exceed 50% of the median income for the City as set by HUD.
Family Size 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dallas County 23,650 27,650 30,400 33,800 36,500 39,200 41,900 44,600
Tarrant County 23,100 26,400 29,700 33,000 35,650 38,300 40,900 43,550
How the Program Works
Emergency repairs will not exceed $5,000 and requires the Division Manager's approval. Emergency repairs will be inspected to insure they fall into the without warning criteria.
Housing and Neighborhood Services is responsible for:
Verifying an actual emergency exists
- Preparation of work specifications
- Obtaining bids from qualified contractors
- Monitoring work done
For further information, or to apply for assistance contact Maggi Carroll at 972-237-8162.