Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful | Clean & Beautiful Neighborwoods Program | 972-237-8152 | email@example.com
Download: Clean & Beautiful Neighborhoods Handout
This program is how we recruit neighborhoods to get involved in our grassroots litter prevention, cleanup and beautification programs. We ask existing neighborhood associations to form C&BN sub-committees. If a neighborhood is not organized, we help them form a neighborhood association with public safety and C&BN sub-committees.
- Facilitation of Meetings, Including: Flyer Preparations (English and Spanish) and
Door-to-Door Delivery, Refreshments, Door Prizes to Generate Interest in Meetings & Events.
- Organized and Registered Neighborhood Cleanups, Including: Litter, Bulky Item, Tires, Household Hazardous Waste, Brush, Illegal Dumping Sites, Easements, Alleys & Creeks
- Adoption Programs, Including: Street, Spot, Stream, Senior’s (yard), Tree, Cemetery, Trash Can and Wetland
- Community Forestry Programs, Including: ShadeMaker Training, Dead & Blighted Tree Removal, NeighborWoods (free trees for neighborhoods) and Streetscaping Programs.
- Youth for Environmental Action (YEA!) Programs, Including: Green & Clean Campus Program, Community Service Hours/Projects, GP Youth Services Boot Camp Projects, and YEA! Clubs.
- Neighborhood Composting Classes.
- Development of Community Gardens.
- Litter Free and Illegal Dumping Hotlines – 972-237-8330
- Special Neighborhood Integrity Program (SNIPS)
- Graffiti Removal – 972-237-8599
- Beautification Projects
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) Projects: Plants for Protection, Traffic Delineators, Alley Kits
- KGPB Tool Depot – Free loaner tools for homeowner or neighborhood projects, including lawn mowers, hedgers, weedeaters, gas-powered chain saws and pole saws, power washer and more.
- Waste Removal for Registered, Organized Neighborhood Cleanups
- Information concerning the development of Public Improvement Districst (PIDs)
- Neighborhood Associations Development Support, with Clean & Beautiful Neighborhood and Public Safety Sub-Committees.
- Recognition and Positive Neighborhood Public Relations (Press Releases and News Stories)
- Partnerships With Other City Departments