Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government

Engineering | 206 W. Church St. | P.O. Box 534045 | Grand Prairie, TX 75053
Phone 972-237-8141 | Fax 972-237-8116 | E-Mail

What is the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)?
State Regulated Entity that requires a set of rules to follow affecting storm water discharges from construction activities. TCEQ also issues a General Permit for construction activities within the state of Texas. Download a permit form.

Am I regulated?
Construction activities are regulated according to the area of land disturbed. Disturbed land areas that equal one or more acres are regulated and are required to obtain coverage under the General Permit. Disturbed land areas that are less than one acre, and are part of a larger common plan of development that would disturb one or more acres, are also regulated, and required to obtain coverage under the General Permit.

What are the steps to obtain construction permits for storm water discharges?
Determine whether the construction general permit for storm water controls or applies to a project.

What can I do to prevent storm water pollution?
View a copy of the city brochure for storm water pollution prevention methods.

Poster for Best Management Practices (BMP's)

View examples of BMP's.

Erosion Control Plan Requirements

View a summary of erosion control plan requirements for multi-lot residential, commercial and industrial projects.

View a summary of erosion control plan requirements for a single residential lot.

Drainage Plan Requirements
Drainage plans must comply with the requirements of the City Drainage Design Manual as currently amended. View the currently amended Drainage Design Manual.

Floodplain Development Questions
View questions concerning creek floodplains and developments in floodplains.

Last updated: 1/5/2015 8:51:50 AM