Richard Fregoe Bio
Retired Senior Executive Army and Air Force Exchange Service. Last two assignments: Director of Worldwide Catalog Sales and prior to that General Manager of European Industrial Activities in Germany.
Richard Fregoe graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science degree and completed senior executive programs at Pennsylvania State University and the University of Notre Dame.
Elected to represent District 4 in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Served as Mayor Pro Tem 1996-97 and 2014-2015. Served as Deputy Mayor Pro Tem 2010-11 and 2013-2014. He has served as a member of the Grand Prairie Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals (ZBA); Past Chairman of the Board: Dallas-Fort Worth Medical Center, Founder and CEO Grand Prairie Wellness Center, and Grand Prairie Sister Cities Corporation; Founding member of the Grand Prairie After-School Partnership Program; Board of Directors Grand Prairie YMCA; Board of Directors Grand Prairie United Charities.
- City Councilman; Chairman Public Safety, Health and Environment Committee
- Board of Directors Grand Prairie Unity Coalition (Founder)
- Board of Directors Grand Prairie Sister Cities International Corporation (Founder)
- Senior Member of The National League of Cities Public Safety and Crime Prevention Steering Committee
- Vice Chairman of Trinity River and Mountain Creek Authority Central Regional Wastewater System Advisory Committees
- Board of Managers Tarrant County 9-1-1 District (Board Secretary)
- Board Member of Grand Prairie Tax Increment Financing Districts 1 and 3
- Board of Directors and Chairman Community Service Award Program Army Air Force Exchange Service Retiree Association (AREA)
- Member Purple Martin Landlords of North Texas (Founding Member)
- Vice President Texas Municipal League Region 13
Eagle Scout; AAFES Meritorious Civilian Award; Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce Community Service Award; Grand Prairie NAACP President’s Award
Married, wife Gisela, two daughters Michele and Melanie and three grandchildren Emma, Lily and Richard. Grand Prairie resident since 1980. Member St. Michael the Archangel Parish and Associates of the Holy Family of Nazareth.
District 4 Boundaries